Thursday, November 1, 2007

Update: Status of Airplane

Recently, this blog has turned into a commentary of my day-to-day rather than an account of the Super rebuild. Unfortunately, being in California precludes me from getting any work done on the plane, so I have to either write about what I'm doing or risk falling out of the habit of writing and giving up on the blog all together. Truthfully, I don't think all two of the people that follow this site mind if I digress from talking about the plane every once in a while (especially given that neither of you two are pilots).

However, given the original intent of the blog and the lapse since the last "plane post", here is the current status of the whole thing. As I write this, the airplane sits in pieces, in boxes in San Antonio. I have all the parts necessary for the rebuild save one Chromoly tube (which I will order this week) and the BRS ballistic chute (which I actually have, but need to send off for a repack when I get back to Texas). I think that's everything but I'm almost positive more items will come up as I start the reassembly.

Here's my plan. When I get back to Texas, I'll chill out for a day or two in Austin and then I'll stay in SA until the job is nearly done. I plan to work only on the plane (in addition to providing flight training for my one real student). My goal is to get the trike together and the engine running within one week. Beyond that, I'll probably need another two weeks for the rest of the assembly (sails included). So three weeks is the goal which means I'll probably get it done in three months, but I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: