Monday, August 4, 2008

Another Overdue Update

I bet you lost faith, didn't you. Well, don't worry. I hereby declare that the plane will be flying before the end of the year. Isn't it funny how in May I was so quick to say "it'll be up in a week."

And truthfully, there's only a few more hours of work on this beast. Namely, I need to:

1) Wire the electronics
2) Paint the pod
3) Attach the ailerons
4) Attach a few wing wires, and...
5) Mount the propeller

But without the necessary electrical prowess, I have to bring in a third party (you rock, Art) and that cost $$$. Not that I don't have any, but I'm just a little reluctant to spend right now since I don't have a job. Not to mention that I'm almost certain there will be additional unforeseen costs when I get airborne.

According to my logbooks, I haven't flown since November 28th and it's killing me. I can't wait to get back in the air. But patience is a virtue, they say...so I will wait.

I promise to get some recent photos up in the next few days. I know I haven't even posted anything since we recovered the wings and made it look like an airplane again. I sense progress in the air. Will keep you updated.

No comments: